Tuesday 22 September 2009

Karma to Burn

The end of a chapter. One of my favourite ships destroyed.
I'll miss her, and know I'll be hard pressed to replace her - but all good things must come to an end.

A new local, Jack Carnifex. Hopefully not another of those mindless automated mining drones most intelligent people dislike.
His Hulk class Exhumer sat, surrounded by five canisters. I fly over and give his ship a gentle 440m/s nudge and begin the targetting protocols. "What? Are you calling me a macro miner?" He asks. "I was concidering doing a little asset redistribution, I'd blow up Jenna Talls, but it's a macro and most likely still has a wardec on." I sit there beside his canisters as he warps off, "Can you fit all of that in your giant rusty penis?" Giggling as I watch his Bustard Transport ship engulf the ore from the cans. "It has 5 low slots, 33356 m3."
"So, do you have a combat ship, or are you a complete carebear?" I enquire. "Yes. But not in usi." He sighs.
"I has a combat ship!" Pipes up an Achura by the name of Prozacxx. I look at the newcomer's information, "Cruiser?" "I has cruiser, where is pew?" She replies, giggling like a slaver hound with a new toy. "Bottom belt"
A Rupture class Cruiser warps in and I take a moment to look at it. Should I engage or not I ask myself. I shrug and smile, switching on my warp disruptor. It's a good day to die.
I approach at my maximum velocity and release my Hammerhead IIs, her Micro Warpdrive always nudging her out of range for my guns. From the moment I engage, I regret the decision.
One minute passes, she's into armor, no visible or noticeable tank, my shields long gone and armor repair units struggling to keep up with the incoming damage.
The end of my karma.
Good fight we agree, "I'm gonna miss that ship," chuckling as I dock my capsule.
"Hehe, put a mwd next time though. Afterburner makes ship sad."
I sigh and work out how much time it'll take to replace her, slugging out missions with my agent. Well, a lesson to learn. Always fit a Micro Warpdrive and ensure you're 100% certain as you engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment