Thursday 24 September 2009

Deadly Nightshade.

Checking my systems as I prepare my Amarr Navy Slicer, I see a new Corp member - Belladonna Dire. I smile and walk over to her, and ask what she was doing.
She seems interesting and willing to learn.
I invite her out with me for something a little more fun then killing low-ranking rebels - I was going out to harass other capsuleers. We create a fleet and and meet together in a safe location to run through the basics of what we were going to do.

Searching through the belts in Usi we find nothing of interest.
Linking our computer systems together as we meet in Usi VI - belt 3, I gang warp to the Jeras gate. A simple order over comms, "jump on contact, once we get into Jeras - you take the first asteroid belt on the list, I'll take the last - report any findings."
Jeras was bland, flavorless... no one wanted to play.

Oijamon, Osprey class Cruiser on my directional scan.
It comes into visual range, a canister full of ore beside him. Kicking my Afterburner into life and heading to the can, I call to Bella over comms, "Osprey in belt, warp to my position."
Standard protocol, a can jettisoned from my ship and his ore transfered from his to mine.
Bella arrives in the belt, "Target and orbit the Osprey, if he engages or tries to take his ore back, open fire." She confirms and I see her moving into position.
Nothing... his engines coming to life as Bella watches him. "He's aligning to a station."
As we watch him warp away I order the can destroyed, I'm beginning to like this new pilot.

We head back to Usi, then onto Ishomilken and rendezvous with 2 TBRA pilots. A Hawk class Assault Frigate and a Thrasher class Destroyer joining our two Amarr Navy Slicers. Setting our course to Old Man Star. Looking for more interesting opportunities.
Not a lot to report enroute...

Oinasiken, Drake on directional scanner. Sending my fleet to search the asteroid belts, I head towards the Caldari control bunker.
A slight shiver as my comfortable, quick Slicer decelerates, the warp tunnel collapses, the Darke in visual range. I target the ship and engage my Afterburner. Warp disruptor engaging and shutting down his warp core. "I have the Drake, warp to me."
The fleet warps in and the Drake looses his Drones. We start to primary the Hobgoblin IIs, taking out a few.
Taking heavy damage as an Eagle appears in visual range, the Drake tearing my Slicer apart with his Drones and missiles. A resounding "good fight" coming through local.

It was a fun roam, but the fleet lost. Hopefully next time we'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment