Wednesday 30 September 2009

A Devoted Career Path.

By the numbers we called them...
Belt VIII-3 clear, warping to the next. "Belt III-1 clear."
"Not another boring night belt hoppi-," I get cut off, "2 Hulks, Retriever, Bestower with a can in belt VI-1. I'm heading to the can, going to flip them." Giggling, I roger then begin aligning to the belt, "warping to the belt."

I drop out of warp, a grin on my face as I see Bella's Arbitrator class Cruiser, swiftly kicking in my Microwarpdrive and approaching in my Vexor class Cruiser. I stop and sit, waiting for them to agress.
Waiting...
The Bestower starts to move, it's cumbersome mass shuddering as it turns, the bloated dance of an overfed slaver hound. Readying my weapons to fire incase he was foolish enough to engage. Sensors picking up the velocity as he warps away. Off scan.
That was disappointing...
Several low-ranking Guristas appear on scan, two immediately targetting the weaker Retriever class Mining Barge. They engage and start tearing up the shield systems, the other two ganging up on one of the Hulks.

Outmatched, the other Despoiler rank Guristas Frigates get destroyed swiftly by the Hulk's Warrior II Light Combat Drones. I sigh and begin scanning the Retriever. 50% shields. Speaking to Bella over comms, giggling about the plight of the evidently oblivious Mining Barge.
Bella scans the ship, signs of life detected, capsule... had the pilot fallen asleep? Why weren't the Hulk's drones coming to their Corp mate's aid?
The shields finally crumble, armor melting rapidly as we watch, now into structure...
The hapless beast ruptures, the warp coil exploding under the strain. Quickly seizing the oppertunity, Bella checks the wreckage. Struck gold. One Erin Mining Laser Upgrade in the mangled structure, as well as some of the ore and other ship modules.
The capsule warps away. We wait again.

As I was about to give the order to leave, a Devoter class Heavy Interdictor appears, her war tunnel collapsing.
A dirty yellow canister icon appearing on the overview instead of our nice clean white icon. His ship aggressed.
Targetting him, we open fire, and engage our warp disruptors. Bella's Arbitrator primaried. I let loose my drones on the enemy ship, swiftly engaging my targetting matrixes to repair Bella's armor.
Cap running dry, booster popped. That's more healthy.
The Devoter's shield dying quickly. The damage on Bella slowing, he's switching target. Bella calling out, her drones gaining the agression. She recalls them and sends out Valkyrie class Medium Attack Drones in their place. Grinding away on the armor, cursing the Amarr for making such resilient armor. Bella's Energy Neutraliser systems stopping as I assume her capacitor couldn't take the strain, her Vampires still merrily sucking away on our target's power core.
His armor begins to melt under our onslaught, adrenaline coursing through my body.
Into structure, he fights back with valor as his once noble ship begins to be torn apart. Hyper velocity rounds peppering rents into his ship.

A moment of silence as the vessel begins to explode - the reason I became a capsuleer.
My heart beating as I look out, the capsule floating for a moment. A good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment