Wednesday 26 August 2009

Ooh, what a pretty explosion.

0430, home station:
Recovering from my sleep cycle, I look over to the beautiful woman beside me. Slipping out of our shared sleeping bay, stalking across the floor like a spectre, I look out of the viewport.
My small collection of ships - Frigates, Cruisers, Battlecruisers and two industrials docked next to the majesty of a Kronos class Marauder belonging to Jesia, my love.
Amazing to see her in the heat of battle. The cool, level headed commander, such beauty in her physical form yet a mind as sharp as a well honed Sansha blade. Sometimes I wonder why I could never encourage her to feed upon that bloodlust and turn to the dark side of piracey - but it'll never happen.
Sitting on the edge of the sleeping bay, I caress her soft, smooth skin and smile as she stirs and blinks up at me. "Goodmorning my love," as I kiss her forehead tenderly. She giggles and holds me close. For a moment - only an instant - I wonder if this life of death and destruction is worth it. Then I remember my childhood. The death, destruction and suffering that Caldari State troopers caused to my family.
I shake my head clearing the thought and before I know it, she pulls me into a close embrace. A kiss from those tender lips. All thoughts, memories and worries melting away.
I kiss her again, goodmorning and goodbye as I call my crew quarters, "I want my Drake prepared and ready for launch." The acknowledgement grumbled through the comm link, I turn back to Jesia with a grin...

1741, a short dressing down:
Staring blankly at my Myrmidon class Battlecruiser through the station viewport, balacing my books. My CEO has ordered me to replace some of the modules from Canyew's lost ship. I would hate to replace every ship I destroyed.

As boredom steps in, I call the crew "prep the Myrmidon for flight, we'll earn some money."
My agent - like an insidious parasite - thought it was a good time to bore me with courier jobs. Ferrying one's own assets around the void of space is fine, but it's another to move the assets of some self-centered egomanic bitch where so ever her whims dictate.
A total of 28 jumps and a meagre 8 million earnt. I would've earnt more moving other capsuleer's trash around New Eden. Maybe I'll try that some time, but at the moment, I'm earning more money and having much more fun sewing chaos destruction.

As I was losing the will to continue this existance, I got a message from a friend simply stating "graveyard shift." Those two words lightened an otherwise slow and tedious day - or is it three, I'm never sure.
The chronometer on the console stated 2056, only a few hours.

0450, zero hour:
I arrived late, the neutral station having already been besieged by a mix of a Moros class Dreadnaught, a Megathron and Abaddon class Battleships and a Harbinger class Battlecruiser for 50 minutes. The familiar voice of 'Dame Death' coming over the neocomm as I decloak and order a sustained volley at the tower, "so nice of you to join us, Dossie. I even managed to drag Mei away from her planet-side hobbies." A chuckle from Mei as she grins wolfishly into the Neocomm video display, her Gallentean accent colored by that of the local Guristas "what would it take for me to get you out of that little Manticore of yours?" Sitting back, I smile benignly and close my eyes, "I seem to remember your favourite ship to fly is an Incursus or some variant of that hull if I recall."
A slight cough and a curt nod from Naut as Dame relays the current situation.
Station seiges were never my idea of fun, but my Gurista friends always make the most boring things interesting. Shared stories and the friendly banter that comes from shared dangers and experiences.
A great end to a day, the explosion was quite impressive, but I just love to watch things go boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment