Sunday 23 August 2009

From Rokh to riches.

Quietly I sat there awaiting the order. My shuttle on a low orbit of the third planet in the Arnon system, a skeleton crew on board.
The order came "Dossie, warp to me at the following co-ordinates and jump through the wormhole." I chuckled, adrenaline surgeing through my body. Calling over the Neocomm "roger that, initiating warp."

Looking through the view port, the magnificence of a wormhole surrounding as as we slowly approach to jump through.
Another moment of waiting. "If you could warp to within 5 kilometers it should be easy for me and my crew to take this boat."
Extending the docking tube I look at my crew and smile. This wasn't a new drill for them, but as the Rokh class Battleship was sat outside the shields of the nearby station, it would be an easy theft.
"Set self destruct on this tub and we'll board the Rokh gents, lets leave this idiot a thank you present."

Plugging myself into the ship systems, sirens began to wail, the station defenses were locking on to the stolen ship, "boys, lets get this ship out of range of these guns - it was an easy job, but I'd rather not lose this to automated defenses." An acknowledgement over the internal comms channels, I switch to the universal communications and send out a message to anyone and everyone listening. "Yoink, thank you for the new ship, have a nice day."
Smiling to myself as we drop out of warp, the wormhole back home coming into visual range. "Thank you gentlemen, that was a good job, lets get back and figure out what to do with this ship."

Private communications log:
An angry looking Minmatar came into view, his eyes looking, measuring as he sneers at the young Achura.
------- Channel ID: -1582179 -------
Dossie Kielle > Hello, do you own that station?
Enfoe > Youu were saying in local. We own many stations.
Dossie Kielle > ';..;' Ring any bells? *Linking the ship specifications.*
Enfoe > What the fuck are you doing bitch?
Dossie Kielle > It was outside the station.
Enfoe > You took that boat ?
Dossie Kielle > Would you like it back?
Enfoe > Indeed...
Dossie Kielle > *I smiled* How much are you willing to pay?
Enfoe > You keep it mate, we will just dec the fuck out off your Corp.
Dossie Kielle > That's the wrong answer hunni, I'll just sell it.
Enfoe > No problem, you do so and your Corp will pay for your theft.
Dossie Kielle > It's not theft, I was picking up a discarded asset you left outside of a station shield.
Enfoe > Like I said keep, it give our empire crew something to do.
Dossie Kielle > I would also like to point out that this is just 1 of the many forms of piracey we pilots of New Eden do.
Enfoe > I've been piloting starships for many years, you're not going teach me anything. But some Corporations you don't fuck with, and you will learn this sooner or later.
Dossie Kielle > Oh hunni, I'm so scared.
Enfoe > So keep the boat.
Dossie Kielle > I could sell it back for a nominal price of 400 million.
Enfoe > You're nuts. That boat is not worth more then 230 million, plus I don't want it back now.
Dossie Kielle > I'll be willing to go down to 350.
Enfoe > The owner says to give you 260 million.
Dossie Kielle > Okay, give me 260 million and I'll concider it.
Enfoe > You think I'm a nerd or something?
Dossie Kielle > No my dear, I think you're stupid. But what of it?
Enfoe > What of it? Tell you what, fuck you.
Dossie Kielle > I've had a thought. 275 million and it's yours.
Enfoe > Okay, bring it back to the wormhole. *He frowned.*
Dossie Kielle > How about I just set up a contract, saves me losing my implants and crew. *Smiling as she brushes some hair out of her eyes.*
Enfoe > It's no good to us in empire space.
Dossie Kielle > Gallente Federation are fine with you, it's a contract or no deal. And I was a very silly girl and forgot to bookmark the known space entrance to the wormhole.
Enfoe > Are you stupid? We don't need it outside of the wormhole.
Dossie Kielle > No dear, I'm not stupid enough to walk into a trap.
Enfoe > Then keep the ship and sell it for what ever. 300 million is a drop in the bucket.
Dossie Kielle > I contracted it for 275, there is a wormhole into the system the contract is in.

The screen went blank.I chuckled to myself as I look at the ship in the hangar through the view ports. Another beep and another call, this time it was the owner of the ship. A young and tired looking Caldari.
---- Channel ID: -1582798 ----
Greyfish > Hi. *He sighed.*
Dossie Kielle > Hello.
Greyfish > I thought I'd ask nicely for my ship back. I cannot afford to lose that at the moment.
Dossie Kielle > I'll give you the same offer as I gave your friend. In fact no, I'll be nice and say 280 million.
Greyfish > You are going to still ransom the ship? And be uncool I guess to say. How is your mother?
Dossie Kielle > Quite like me, a complete bitch. Why do you ask?
Greyfish > I've got 280 million... *He sighs again.*
Dossie Kielle > One moment please. Contract is up.

That was a good day of earning.
Smiling to myself as I call my Corpmate and transfer 140 million into his personal wallet, "that is yours for finding the ship, thank you, this was a productive day."

No comments:

Post a Comment