Tuesday 27 October 2009

Planetside romp.

The handle drifts lazily over the back of my right hand, effortlessly catching - blade pointed downward.
I grit my teeth as salty sweat drips down my cheek, mixing with blood in a fresh gash. A crimson smile across milky flesh.
My nemesis - like the mindless beast it is - circles slowly, snarling. It's large fangs glistening.
It strikes. Rushing headlong towards me, my body poised and balanced, ready to strike with the 18cm daggers in my hands.

My heart skips a beat as I hesitate, the sickening crunch as the beast collides with me.
I land some 5 meters from the beast, pawing it's face as I search through the mouldering leaf litter. A quick glance tells me where one of my blades landed. The handle of my dagger sticking out of the side of its face.
A non-fatal blow. "Where are you dammit," I say through gritted teeth, still searching the litter for my other dagger.
The beast rears. Loud, raucous, ear splitting howls. So beastial and raw, my skin crawling, a shiver sending unnerving shudders down my spine, wishing I had a more substantial weapon - a sword, maybe a small arm.
I see a glint in the corner of my eye, the matt black blade of my other dagger. I make a lunge and grab at the hilt.

The ground shudders, then the beast howls again. I roll over, as it pounces. It happens as if in slow motion.
The great beast landing on top of me, its heavy mass pushing me into the sodden earth.
Gaping maw opening, exposing rows of large, razor sharp teeth, the carrion stench of its breath washing over me, making my eyes water with the rancid smell.
My life flashes before my eyes, thinking this will be my last memory until the medics pull my new clone out of the tank...

The deafening roar again then silence. Beautiful, milky black. Peace.
A gloating laugh and a heavy weight crushing my chest.
I look down and yelp in suprise, the severed head of the beast glaring, snarling up at me with glassy eyes, "isn't hunting fun?" A familiar voice chides. Groaning I look up, "Mei, why don't you just help me up?"

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! Hope you get your computer fixed soon...

    D:

    BTW, of all the people to get together, dibble and Mia are together. O.o

    ReplyDelete