Friday 11 September 2009

Highsec hijinks.

The Vexor Navy Issue slides effortlessly into the docking tube of Isho V, leaving a trail of light as its Afterburner unit shuts down. A short stop to refuel and reload as she turns to the undocking tube. Over the internal comms a metallic voice comes through the speaker, "permission to undock granted."
I align to the Usi gate and start the warp drive, a quick glance at the local Neocomm channel confirms a clear route.

Vision comes back as I shake my head. Why couldn't they make jumpgates more comfortable?
I hold on the gate collecting my thoughts. Several new names in the local channel, maybe I could have some fun.

Usi III - Belt 1:
My Cruiser class vessel shudders as her warp tunnel evaporates, I find myself in the first asteroid belt looking at an Imicus class Frigate and a Rupture class Cruiser. A deft mental nudge and my Navy Vexor's Afterburner kicks in. Approaching their location I notice a jet-can between them, obviously filling happily with ore, the two oblivious miners discarding their hard earnt rocks into the floating pinata.
My crew were well versed in the process. A short order, "ladies and gents, time to pick up that canister, they're littering my solar system."
As if by magic, the filthy yellow icon on my overview was replaced by a nice shiney white Icon - a canister labled "Yoink!" Clever touch my crew, I'll be hard pressed to replace you all.
The hijinks ensued.

From NeoComm logs:
---- Channel ID: (('solarsystemid2', 30002682),) ----
Dossie Kielle > You can take your ore back if you want, or just fight me for it.
10 seconds to comply... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Good bye Ore.
*Two ships drop out of warp nearby, both Frigate class: a Rifter and an imicus.
A short skirmish starts up, both Frigates engaging my Cruiser. I smile as the Imicus quickly melts and begins to explode and immediately order my Drones to engage the Rifter.
Cursing my lack of a warp disruptor, the Rifter warps away with heavy structure damage.*
Dossie Kielle > One point to the Navy Vexor. Ready for round 2? *I recall my drones and smile as I see them settle and hover idley in their bay.*
Seraphina Oriana > Who is Dossie picking on?
Dossie Kielle > Two starter miners in my system.
Seraphina Oriana > How very dare they! *She chuckles.*
Dossie Kielle > Cash Hands and Kaleth'phrin, I'll undock in a Frigate if you want me to.
Cash Hands > Dossie Kielle > Good bye Ore.
Dossie Kielle > I prefer to steal it, much easier.
Seraphina Oriana > She doesn't get her hands too dirty that way.
Boydy > Dossie - sad.
Dossie Kielle > I like to keep my hands clean.
Boydy > Why did you steal our cargo?
Dossie Kielle > It's nothing personal.
Seraphina Oriana > Oh you lie. Okay, jumping now
Dossie Kielle > It's not. I never take it personally when I take people's discarded assets.
Boydy > Are you going to do it again Dossie?
Longtooth > Of course she is.
Boydy > I mean to us.
Dossie Kielle > Mr. LongTooth knows me. Still a Monster, LT?
Longtooth > Of course, just making some money by building Capitals.
Dossie Kielle > What was Nasty's beef with Gil?
Boydy > I've only been a capsuleer for 2 days.
Longtooth > Then quit now and save yourself the copious amounts of pain and suffering.
Boydy > Nah - i like it. Just sad people who try to ruin it for others is the downfall, but I guess you get them.
Dossie Kielle > What belt are you in so I can remove your discarded assets again?
Boydy > And Dossie, you will have a big Hurricane waiting for you next time so think twice. I've been told they are good, who knows...
Longtooth > Oooh hurricane.*Singing loudly,* HERE I AM...
Boydy > Apparently.
Longtooth > ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE
Boydy > Whatever one of them is...
Dossie Kielle > Should I use my Drake then?
Boydy > Indeed you should, geek.
Boydy > Anyway have fun all.
Longtooth > lulz
Dossie Kielle > *I sigh dramatically.* How many times do I have to tell people? I'm a nerd, not a geek. Boyd, I'll 1v1 you in a Frigate. Where are you Boyd, I'll dock up and get a Frigate out.
Justine Death > problem dossie?
Dossie Kielle > Problem? Nevarrr~! *I exclaim and giggle.*
Boydy > Sorry Dossie I'm still learning, dont wanna fight.
Dossie Kielle > I'll use an Ibis?
Boydy > That could be the best ship going for all I know.
*The local channel errupts in laughter.*
Boydy > I'd rather not, as experience alone you'd win as you seem to have plenty of that. Most of your life it seems.
Dossie Kielle > Yes, it's like, ummmm, Awesome.
Longtooth > And stuff.
Dossie Kielle > Yes, and stuff.
Boydy > Indeedy. Anyway I'm sure you have better things to do rather than ask for a 1v1 against a pilot who has been flying for all of 2 days, surely?
Iriomote > Consider it a life lesson.
Dossie Kielle > I'd ask LT, but he's a 1 man fleet...
---- End log ----

What other fun I'll have today is hopefully going to be more like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment