Saturday 10 October 2009

Ride of the Slugge-ery.

My audio systems linked to EVE-Radio, listening to DJ Wiggles, one of the best DJs. Atleast in my oppinion.
Two simple words: Cruiser fight.
I'm up for that...

An open invitation for a fight with other capsuleers, 5 million ISK entry fee and a few restrictions.
Tech 1 Cruiser class vessels, any race, no ECM, no cloaking. I send the order to refit my Vexor class Cruiser to the specifications and make my way to Bawilan, entry fee paid.

Nothing like a nice friendly fight with other pod pilots.

I arrive in the system and immediately warp to the Bawilan I - Federal Freight Storage station to have my ship specifications checked by Wiggles, looking at the others, to see what I'm up against.
Most of the fighters in Vexor class Cruisers, a Caracal, and 2 Ruptures. This will be interesting.

Our navigation computers linking, gang warp to the Archee gate.
Jumping on contact. Another gang warp to the location of the fight.

We wait, orbiting the canister between 15km and 25km.
The order to fight given.

Immediately I kick in my Microwarpdrive, heading straight for Beard Ponderer. My ship shuddering as missiles impact off my shields., I begin to turn and engage the Caracal, damage leaking into my armor. Armor repair systems online, trying to take the damage dealt.
Not enough.
The damage leaking into my structure as I brace and prepare for the boom...

I shiver as my pod enters space, camera drone orbiting as I watch the rest of the fight.
A good fight, if not a quick one for me.

There will be other times.

1 comment:

  1. Caracals are mean cruisers if done right. I can't enter mine, though, as its a HAM brawler with a ECM in the meds in place of a webifier.

    ReplyDelete