Friday 18 December 2009

True Spirit.

My collection of vessels comes back, systems reworked and large amounts rebuilt to include different hardpoints.
I smile, noting the curious looks of my crew stood beside my Gila class Cruiser. They must be thinking the same as me.
"Refit her and make ready for disembarcation, I have a good feeling about my ship," handing the dataslate to the lead engineer.

"Spirit of Korako, you're clear to undock," the docking crew affirm the undocking clearance. Automated undocking systems guiding the Gila class Guristas Cruiser to the exit tube.
A large crowd assembled in the viewing galleries as there always is when a rare vessel undocks. She stops, attitude thrusters firing, turning the vessel around.
The drone bay opens, and a group of Ogre Heavy Attack drones exit, their small wakes creating a firey aura around the mid-sized vessel as she aligns to some unknown destination, the Ogres rushing back into the bay as she warps off.

Shuddering as the Spirit of Korako decellerates from warp, landing atop an acceleration gate at the bookmark my agent gave.
I smile, the bigger drone bay encouraging me to further my drone control skills. I activate the gate, landing amongst several Serpentis ships.
Two Battleships, five Cruiser class and a small gathering of Frigates. The systems hardwired into my cranial implants screaming into life as all vessels begin locking onto my ship.
Excellent, I think, time to see if my rebuilt Gila is as good as I thought.
The drone bay opening, disgorging five Hobgoblin II Light Scout Drones who immediately make a bee-line for the nearest Frigate, my attention centered on the Cruisers.
Missiles firing, making short work of my targets, the drones tearing holes into the last Frigate. As the last Cruiser and Frigate explode, I recall the Hobgoblins.
Battleships, Hobbos wont tickle. I begin approching the closest Serpentis Vindicator class Battleship, my Ogre Heavy Attack Drones dropping from the drone bay.

A small part of my mind searching the market for Medium Core Defence Feild Purger II, viewing the prices. I begin orbitting the larger vessel at 10km, ordering up a sustained volley from my three heavy missile batteries, neural pathways subconsciously ordering the drones to engage it.
The enemy vessel's shields drop quickly, suprising myself with the damage I am unleashing, my own shield systems fluctuating between 78-75%. As soon as I can afford them, I'll be refitting to Tech 2 rigs.
My target slowly being torn apart under the onslaught, his repair systems not able to keep up with incoming damage. I begin to turn, approaching the last battleship...

I begin to approach the station, knowing there would still be a small crowd watching my ship from the viewports. "Spirit of Korako to control, requesting permission to dock," a reply from the docking team, "welcome back Miss Kielle, docking permission accepted, please procede to the docking tubes."
Slowly maneuvering the vessel to the docking tubes, my heart rate and metabolism slowing with the slowing velocity of the vessel.

Climbing out of the capsule as the medical staff help me out, I look over to the Gila, resolving to get better drone control skills and upgrade the rigs, I smile.
As much as I loved that and my Worm, they have grown even more on me. I never thought anyone could improve those vessels, but they have.
The mix of high shield resistance, missile range and drone damage has impressed me.
Beautiful, deadly in the right hands. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment